6.28.2010

Little Pleasures

Our visit yesterday with Joe's parents was really nice. It is always low key and relaxing when we go there. We went to The Art of the State exhibit at the State Museum in Harrisburg. We had hot dogs and sliders and angel food cake. We (I use the term "we" loosely) moved an old couch out of the basement. We practiced driving and got a few used books at a local store.

Today I woke up happy. I made a healthy breakfast and chatted with AmyFuckingWilliams before getting ready for work. Two buses drove right by me which is very irritating but it gave me a chance to talk to Mom while I walked to work.

It was an okay day at work. Meh, unexciting.
I ran some errands after work... Radio Shack, Sephora, H&M and the liquor store. I ordered some Creme de violette and I can't wait for it to come so I can make an Aviation! YUM.
I had a light dinner and afterwards I got this funny feeling. It kind of felt like motivation. TO EXERCISE! This doesn't strike often, so I got ready quickly before it wore off. I haven't been running in months but I'm really glad I went. It was dusk when I went so the air was a little less sticky than the rest of the day and there was a little breeze. Send happy thoughts my way encouraging me to go again soon!

When I got home I found my Amazon packages with some deliiiightful new books. I am really excited to read them. I'll let you know what I think.

Have a great day. Indulge in something special.

p.s. completely unrelated photos but they just looked happy.

2 comments:

becky said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!

I tried running yesterday for the first time since the "big fall" of April, 2010. I didn't push it, just did a couple miles but holy cow balls, my whole body is sore today. I forgot how much core stuff is used to run. Are you sore when you take a while off from running and then start again?

That creme de violet sounds DEELISH! Save me some!

Country Girl said...

I like where you run your errands.

I saw a top at H&M that would look great on you. I'll have to show you some time.