6.27.2010

A Beautiful Day

I woke up this morning to Joe hugging me and kissing my cheek. "I'm getting up," he said. I drifted back off immediately and woke up again to him nudging me. "You said you were getting up too." I don't think I said that. But we'll give him the benefit of the doubt since I was sleeping and I don't know what I said.

I got up and went up on the roof to water the plants. I neglected them yesterday and Joe was the official plant-waterer of the house while I was sick so I was anxious to see how they were doing. Unfortunately all of my hand made signs were a little broken. I guess hot glue doesn't hold up in a wicked thunderstorm... Any suggestions on how to secure these babies? They are just made of thin bass wood but they do splinter pretty easily. Oh well, the actual plants were thriving. Pictures to come later.

I took a quick shower and came down to find Joe putting the finishing touches on breakfast. Pan-fried potatoes, over easy eggs, spinach and garlic scapes. Delicious!

Now he is waiting patiently for me to finish this nonsense so we can get out of here to go visit his parents. Off we go!

2 comments:

sam o said...

Did I tell you I loved those little signs?

Country Girl said...

Sounds like a sweet morning.

We love Joe.