7.21.2010

Double Rainbow all the way across the Sky!

Unfortunately I didn't catch any double rainbows after the storm the other night. I hear it is supposed to rain again today so maybe there's still hope. Of course I don't think I could ever be as excited about a rainbow as this guy...



For some reason this amuses me to no end. It's definitely worth it to hold out at least until he starts openly weeping.


In other news, we went to XPN fest on Sunday afternoon. The bands we were interested in seeing weren't playing until later in the day, so we had a lazy morning and finally ventured into the heat around 3 o'clock. We (as in Joe) accidentally missed the correct stop on the PATCO train, so we spent a good twenty five minutes playing Scrabble and staring at this view. Which I thought was pretty cool. I like the thumb tack graffiti.


We finally got to Wiggins Park and squeezed in among this crowd. We had beer and watermelon peach gazpacho and people watched. We saw Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and Dr. Dog perform. Robert Randolph and the Family Band were up next but we've seen them before and by then we were both feeling kind of meh about the heat and the proximity to hippies and the comfort of the hill we were sitting on. Last year we held out much longer. Maybe we are becoming more yuppie with each passing day. Or maybe Joe is starting to hate fun too!! AH HAH! I might be on to something here.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

i like that comments are now referred to as 'happy thoughts.' =)

samantha said...

also, where the HECK did you find that/whyyyy? "oh my god, it's so vivid and bright!" hilarious.

SLY said...

Obviously, Samantha was equally as tickled as you. When she shared it with me, she giggled and guffawed. I was not nearly as amused.

Country Girl said...

I missed this post. I don't think close proximity to hippies in hundred degree heat sounds like fun either. And I doubt that Joe could ever hate fun. He's just not a fun-hater.
And I can't wait to see you all today. I am so excited that I woke up at 5:30. WTH is up with that?

And I've seen that rainbow thing in YouTube. Poor guy. I think he was having a spiritual experience. I've seen double rainbows before and never came in my pants like he did.

Country Girl said...

I'm sorry I said "and" sixteen times. I've had a lotta coffee.