3.21.2011

Clouds in My Coffee

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a true coffee lover. If cream and sugar aren't available, I'll pass, thanks. I know cream has 40 calories per tablespoon but that is why it's so delicious. It's worth it. And don't try to sell me on the wonders of fat-free half and half. Maybe I was in a healthy mood when we went grocery shopping, because we only have 2% milk. Grey skies, pounding rain, and a freezing house left me really wanting coffee, so I jazzed it up with the milk. It's all about the foam.



Recipe:

3/4 cup 2% milk, hot
dash vanilla extract
tbsp sugar
dash pumpkin pie spice
1 cup coffee, hot


Whisk first four ingredients together until foamy. Pour on top of coffee and enjoy, preferably with a chocolate croissant.








I had my coffee today with a whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffin with cream cheese and some fruit salad.

I'm painting and creating art today. Maybe soon I'll have something to show you. There's something about the rain that, in addition to making me crave coffee, also makes my head spin with creativity. I'm off to tap it.

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

I like that you can take a rainy day and turn it into something beautiful.

I've seen the things you make, so I know this to be true.